Monday, February 5, 2007

REPORTING ON MUSLIMS WHILE JEWISH

Name that “anti-Zionist” conspiracy theorist! (HotAir)
From an op-ed by Paul M. Barrett in this morning’s LA Times entitled, “Reporting on Muslims while Jewish”:

It’s true I heard some unsettling notions about American power and who wields it. In Dearborn, Mich., where Arab immigrants began arriving in the 1920s to work in the auto industry, I had a series of long interviews with [Imam X]. Initially a backer of the U.S. invasion of his homeland, [X] had come to believe that the bedlam that has followed had to be intentional — the result of a conspiracy. He explained to me that even as a Jew, I might not understand the extent of Zionism’s reach.

At the heart of the conspiracy, he told me, is “the Zionist special group” that opposes “the improvement of the relationship between Christians and Muslims.”

“America itself is a victim of a special-interest group that doesn’t want it to have a good relationship with the Muslim world,” [X] said. “Bush himself is a victim, I believe.”

No comments: