Tuesday, September 4, 2007

E.U. RELUCTANTLY CONDEMNS PALI ROCKET ATTACK ON DAY CARE CENTER

FROM TODAY'S WSJ, BOTW:

'I Think That's Something That I Have to Condemn'"
A Palestinian rocket landed in a courtyard next to a crowded day care center on Monday," the Associated Press reports from Sderot, Israel, a city of about 20,000 that has been under constant attack by Arab terrorists since Israel withdrew from the nearby Gaza Strip. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but parents are naturally "frantic." The attack drew a strong reaction from the European Union:

Visiting EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana condemned the attacks on Sderot, adding that on a previous trip to Israel he had been in the town as rockets fell.

"I'd like to show my solidarity with the people of Sderot," he said at a news conference in Jerusalem with Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni.

"I know what it means, and to see today again the same experience for the people, in particular at a time when kids are in school, I think it's something that I have to condemn," he said.

Wow, that is bold moral leadership. We guess.

No comments: